Our mission is to improve lives through mortgage planning.
CMPS® is the first and most widely recognized mortgage planning certification in the mortgage industry. We’ve had over 8,000 graduates since 2005, many of whom have become top producers.
What is Mortgage Planning?
Mortgage Planning is the process of carefully evaluating your mortgage options and choosing the right mortgage strategy. Your mortgage is most often your single largest debt, and your home is most often your single largest financial investment. That’s why mortgage planning should not be a do-it-yourself endeavor, but rather a collaborative effort with your Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist (CMPS®).
Why is mortgage planning important?
Mortgage Planning with a CMPS-certified professional helps you answer the following questions:
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- How much of a down payment should I use when purchasing a home?
- How much should I budget for my monthly housing expenses?
- What if I budget less or more?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my monthly cash flow situation?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to save money for the future?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to manage and reduce my debt in a timeframe that works for me?
- Should I purchase real estate for investment purposes?
- What mortgage strategy should I use when buying a vacation home or investment property?